Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Moving Forward.

It seems strange, seeing what is happening on tumblr and looking back on my own work there. It's a terrible action that will cost them dearly in even the short run. The decision to put on this farce for their new masters has whitewashed the service to the point of being unremarkable from any other bland, vanilla, live-journal/myspace. No one needs another of those. Lets be real. How IS Tom from Myspace? Anyone talk to him in a decade? Welcome to being at the short table in the corner Tumblr.
This decision, the strange implementation and bizarre criterion they use is a disaster in the offing and not just for lgbt authors like myself, or even other adult bloggers in general, but for the people who might remain once this happens. They have implemented the equivalent of an old, unshielded, microwave in this policy. Yes, it will warm the plate but it will also give you cancer and that is what tumblr has just chosen to be because their 'free speech' no protects hate speech but kicks out positive, affirming voices. They made it very clear who they were protecting, themselves out of fear of the almighty fruit and it's rotting marketplace run by monkeys who have no concept of what is happening to the market around them. Not my circus, not my monkeys. My only concern now is finding an ACTUAL safe host for my work, even if that means stepping away from the 'visual' side of things and simply going straight for the message. I'm willing to make that change if it means keeping the work alive.
Again I say: For now, this is enough. A placeholder while I seek out higher ground to avoid the carnage of the imploding virtual marketplace. I'll do my best to preserve my work as I go, so with luck all will be well shortly.

Stay safe, stay sane and as always my best goes with you.

-Daddy Cade.

No comments:

Post a Comment